Early Release Features
- Contact management for leads, customers, suppliers and business partners
- Project and deal management
- Automated search for required resources (e.g. applicants, suppliers, service providers and business partners). Each project automatically searches and organizes the contacts that posses the required resources.
- Allocation of certain resources to a specific project. Creation and organization of milestones.
- Management of shared responsibilities within a company.
- Integrated email system, including a history for each contact that allows email communication without having to switch to a different system. The history can be searched at any given time.
- Integrated document storage. Add bills, contracts or applicants (including their applications) to your contacts. Add functional specifications or project schedules to your projects.
- Your central objects contacts, projects and process are completely freely customizable. Contacts, for example, can consist of the user’s customers, suppliers or competitors. The user decides which information is processed. Similarly, the project or process can individually be configured according to the customer’s needs. In contrast to other rather rigid and less customizable standard software Tag#Objects resembles rather a “Lego” kit, due to its highly flexible and modular adaptability. It enables companies and users to create individual information structures for central objects such as “contact” (as a resource), “project” (as a business objective) and “process” (as a means of reaching said business objective).
- Tag#Objects will be available as a web app (“software as service) in english and german.
Later Release Features
- The main goal of Tag#Objects is to improve communication and cooperation between businesses.
- An authorisation concept will be implemented that allows to distinguish regular users from admins. Admins will be able to assign certain rights to users, such as “create object”, “modify object” and “delete object”. By that admins are able to control the rights and functions of each user within the system.
- Tag#Objects will include a powerful, list-based reporting tool, which allows for complex evaluations.
- Tag#Object will feature a integrated organizer function that is linked to the central objects.
- Tag#Objects will come with a variety of different “process templates” for course of business processes which will have presets for “contact”, “project” and “process”. These presets can further be individually modified by the user. Tag#Objects focusses on business processes in trade, craft, production, and services.
- Tag#Objects will also feature social media integration including Xing, Facebook and LinkedIn.
- Tag#Objects will include conventional telephony via TAPI, as well as new communication channels, such as WhatsApp or Skype. These tools will be directly accessible from within Tag#Objects – just a click away.
- Tag#Objects will be released in different languages.
Data Model and Basic Structure of Tag#Objects
Many small and medium-sized businesses posses an extensive network of business partners. Depending on the current situation or project they can consist of customers, suppliers, internal or external associates or competitors. In order to optimize the organization of a company’s business processes, the recourses provided by each of these parties have to be carefully synchronized.
In order to achieve this goal, Tag#Objects by „Thomas Biber“ uses three central objects:
- The first object “contact” represents the necessary resources of the value creation process. “Contact” can consist of internal or external associates or employees, customers, service providers, suppliers, a competitor in cooperation or any other imaginable resource. The information included in each “contact” can be preset by the user and could for example consist of “name”, “phone”, “email”, skype name”, social media accounts etc.
- The second object “project” represents the objective of the value creation process of the the business. A “project” is linked to at least two contacts: the responsible project manager and the customer that defines the project’s objective. The structure and content of the project objective or “project” is also freely customizable. Accordingly, a “project” can consist in the creation of a certain product, or the provision of a service. Possible “projects” could be IT projects, headhunting, the placement of real estate, resource acquisition, marketing, or the production of a certain good. Tag#Objects allows to define different value creation objectives as “projects” including their corresponding sub-projects.
- Combining “contacts” and “projects” automatically creates a “process“, the third central object. A “process” maps the project status and thereby visualizes the path to reaching the desired business objective. Each “project” can be split up in sub-projects or milestones and assigned with dates such as deadlines or resubmission dates. Notes and comments (such as sub-steps or partial results) can be added to each step within a “project” and different contacts can collaborate on one and the same “project” and even consult dates and notes or comments created by others working on the same project.